Grid, Loopers, and Media Items

I am absolutely LOVING Grid and Loopers and have it working fine for pages and posts.

I have a collection of Album Cover art that are all images in Media… I am unable to figure out how to pull them into a grid from Media…in other words, I want to use grid to create a gallery of album cover art jpeg images. In the past I used Essential Grid, but would love to move to a native Pro option.

Any help appreciated.

Hello @jkais,

Thanks for writing in! Are the Album Art Cover images connected to a post or custom post type? It would be much easier to pull them off using the Loopers. If you have custom attributes added to the images, the Looper provider Query String might be able to help also.

Best Regards.

Ruenel! Thank you! The images are just jpegs swimming in the media section, they do have a category assigned, but that is it. Is there a tutorial for this? I know that ACF comes with Pro now, would that be used? Thanks so much.

Hello There,

Yes, you can use ACF. You need a custom field or a category for each of those images so that you can display the images selectively by way of the Looper Provider Query String. Kindly check out this old thread:

Best Regards.

Thank you, that helped, I appreciate the pointer!

Since I had previously categorized the images with “album-art” it seems I did not need a custom field(?!)

1. Query string for provider (in this case, a grid): post_type=attachment&post_mime_type=image&posts_per_page=25&post_status=any&category_name=album-art

2. Then consumer (in this case, a cell), added dc to image in cell 1 for featured image url’

Worked first try. :slight_smile: Any problems with that query as you see it?

Hey @jkais,

You are most welcome. No problem at all with your query.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.