Grid elements disappeared

I just updated to the latest cornerstone version and the grid elements on my site have all disappeared and are now shown as an “Undefined Element.” I’m running the latest version of Wordpress, X theme, cornerstone and PHP. I have gone through the process of deactivating all plugins to check for conflicts, but that’s not the issue. I also do not see the grid element as an available element to add anymore.

Doing more research on the forum, it looks like you (Themeco) are saying that the grid element was never supposed to be part of the X Theme Cornerstone bundle but was for several release versions. And, to access it now, I would need to upgrade to Pro. Is that the case? If so, that’s a huge problem for me. I’ve purchase six licenses for X Theme and have used the grid element extensively on all of them. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi Steve,

Yes, you read it correctly, that the grid element is now available only for Pro. Unfortunately, there no other way except upgrading the X to Pro inorder to access this element.

Thanks for understanding.

I appreciate your response but I don’t understand your position. I’ve purchased six X Theme licenses and have utilized this element in building multiple websites for almost six months. I purchased these licenses based on the capabilities that were available at the time, then invested hours to build out these sites utilizing these elements and now you remove them? What other items do you plan to remove in the future? How can I have faith in your product when you just arbitrarily remove an element that has been available for months and my only solution is to pay you a substantial amount of money to get access to something that I’ve already had access to for several months? I apologize for the tone of this message, but I am extremely frustrated at this situation and your lack of support. This feels like just an attempt to get more money and I’m very disappointed that I now need to invest more hours in redoing all my sites (and am fearful you may remove even more elements in the future).

Hi @SalsaMonkey,

I’m sorry you’re having this issue with your sites, and I can assure you you don’t intend on removing any features from any of our products. The Grid element was never an advertised feature of X or Cornerstone and is referenced as one of the main differences when you upgrade to Pro.

Our products our built from a single codebase that gets split into the respective products and there were a few releases of 4.0 where the Grid element was mistakenly not removed. The earliest time the Grid would have been mistakenly available in X was an update in December, and it was removed during an update early February, so respectfully unless you’ve been using Pro the element wasn’t available over span of several months like you’re saying. This was not an attempt to force anyone to convert to Pro, although I can certainly your frustration with the position it puts you in. I’ll reach out over email with some ideas on how to move forward from here.

Alexander,

As requested, I have reached back out to you via email. My final comment/suggestion is that you should have included this change in the documentation for the latest release. This change deleted most of the content on the home page for one of my sites and content pieces on sub-pages for others. It would have been nice to be informed of this change via the changelog vs having to go through this process to determine the cause. Thanks.

Thanks @SalsaMonkey, I understand. I’ll followup over email.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.