GRID Date appearing twice

Hi X,

We are using a custom Grid for blog posts. We don’t have the date anywhere on the skin. Only the excerpt.

On the post itself we’ve added the date as a text element because he doesn’t like the default X date and wants it as a simple, centered (editable) item. So it makes sense that the date appears on the GRID because it’s the first text on the page.

That said, can you please help me figure out WHY date is appearing twice on SOME blog posts but not all posts? I’ve looked at the GRID settings, Skin settings and the individual pages but I can’t seem to figure it out. I assume it has to do with individual pages because it’s only on some blogs, not all.

At one point in time, we had breadcrumbs on the site so I added this… .x-breadcrumb-wrap { display: none; }
it’s on some blogs but not all and it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

I also searched the forum and found this but no dice.
/blog date/
.p-meta>span:nth-child(1), .p-meta>span:nth-child(2){
display:none;
}

Ultimately, we’d like the date on there ONCE. Preferably it could be on its own line.

Thanks as always!!!

Hi there,

It’s from the date you added in the content, and you added them twice. Some items have a single date which is why they are displaying just one date.

Your post contents are made from cornerstone which when Wordpress generate the excerpt, it will display selective content depending on available text right after it removes the HTML, shortcodes, and scripts. Hence, it appears with two dates because the content between that two date is removed. The example is this, http://hyperbitsmusic.com/4-stock-logic-synths-you-need-to-be-using/ the date is added in the first section, the second date is added in the third section. I believe you use multiple sections for each device but unfortunately, Wordpress will not recognize that when it generates a plain text excerpt.

And because of that, Wordpress has the additional feature where you can manually add your text excerpt. Please edit your post and find excerpt section, and manually add your text excerpt.

Then with The Grid’s skin builder, add a layer where you will display the post date.

Thanks!

This was a perfect explanation. I should have thought about the manual excerpt. Thanks so much!!!

You’re welcome.