Grid-based front page with text overlay on image

Any suggestions on how to most easily replicate the design on this front page?

http://skargaarden.com/

It is a grid based layout, where each grid cell has either a background color, or image, and with text overlay. Fade effect on mouse over.

I have the EssentialGrid plugin as part of the X theme, but I would think it would be an easier job to create entirely in Cornerstone if the right elements are available.

Any ideas?

I was just trying to figure out the same thing. Did you find a solution yet? I want to create a grid of featured page images (not posts).

I have spent some time replicating this with above mentioned EssentialGrid plugin (free with X theme). This plugin takes some time to learn all the features, but if you are prepared for it, I think it will help you as well to create just what you are looking for. You can set the grid to display “featured image” of posts or pages, and the look is very customizable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.