Graphic not showing on toggle (any browser)

Hi, I miss graphics on the toggle as seen on this experimental Blog - SEO Manager.
Not sure about the moment this started to happen and I think everything is in place to have an “info” icon inside the toggle. This site runs on PRO 5.1.4 (latest at this moment).
Thank you in advance!

Hi Ricard,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that you have selected the Icon option in the Toggle > Graphic, but the Fontawesome is not enabled from Theme Options > Miscellaneous. I would suggest you enable the option and check if that resolves your issue.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi Tristup and thanks for pointing it out. I did not check that (again) before submitting.
However, this unveils a weird behaviour, let me elaborate.

I had this “Solid” only active, in order to load less libraries (please correct me if this is wrong).
themeco1
This setting gave me this behaviour, as seen editing the “Graphic” attribute within “Toggle” (Off Canvas):
themeco2
After your reminder, I check again and try some other family (just 1+ for same speed purpose).
My new setting are Solid + Regular, after saving and going over the toggle edition, I get this:
themeco3
So now everything seems to be working fine and the "i"con shows up on the toggle.
If I set it to “Brands” or “Light” instead of “Regular”, I get the icons as expected and "i"con shows up on toggle as well.
But if I search for “info” I get:

• 3 icons for “solid”
  • 3 icons for “light”
  • 9 icons for “all” (?)

themeco4

Where do these 3 extra ones come from?

Then I go to Theme settings and turn off “Solid”, on “Light” to make a more complete case. I get “Solid” icons!
themeco5
Of course I did reload the edition page to read the theme wide settings…
This site uses WP Super Cache. I also have flushed it and hard reloaded the page.
Keep getting “Solid” icons on “Light” settings…
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your findings or advise.

Hello Ricard,

Aside from Solid, there is also Regular. That is why you have 9 icons in total.

Best Regards.

Thanks, Rue.
Then, the minimum amount of icon families is 2, namely Solid + Regular; Is this right?
No matter if I set on just one of these two? Or I need to set them two on?
Last but not least: why I don’t get any icon on that toggle while having only “Solid” on?

HostingA
For the initial example of this thread I am running on Apache: https://www.seomanager.es/blog/ (this one now shows the “i” on the toggle).

HostingB
I just did a new test on another site running PRO over NginX: _test | Fira de l’Ensenyament de Badalona and I get the same problem only on the toggle, not on the Icon element. I did it with “Regular”+“Brands”, then also added “Solid” (same results).

This is the output on 2nd test, Hosting B

awesome1 awesome2 awesome3

I read through Font Awesome Icon Issues | Themeco Docs but can’t learn about this particular cause/effect.

Sorry if this seems to be a minor thing, but planning to work on PRO for ages I need to avoid any own malpractices as much as possible.

Thank you very much, guys! :nerd_face:

Hello Ricard,

You can have just the Regular font for your site. This should display most of the icons. If you want to have solid icons, then that is the time you enable the Solid font-awesome.

On my local test server, I enable the Regular and Brands fonts only. In the Toggle, I got this:

Just make sure that after enabling/disabling the font-awesome, you will still need to reload the builder, or else, you will still just see the same set of icons.

Best Regards.

Hi! Not sure I reloaded after changing settings… Will try and ping you. Thanks

Hi Ricard,

You are most welcome. Please let us know how it works for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.