Google search console says "Structured Data > hentry errors

I have a problem with hentry errors and I THOUGHT IT WAS MY RICH SNIPPETS plugin:

when I go to Google search console (webmaster) … it says “We did not find any structured data for rich cards on your website.”,“let’s begin”

When I test my Rich Snippets they all test perfect, yet the error on Google search console says “Structured Data > hentry (markup: microformats.org)” “no author” or “no update”

The plug-in people suggested a child theme to correct the problem… can I get help in writing the code?

thanks, john

Hey John,

Are you using our Snippet extension? If you’re using a third party plugin, please use our extension first then check if the issue persists.

If you’re using our extension, please give us the URL of the page where you see the error.

Thanks.

hello.
we have yoast seo plugin.
and we have microformats erors.
no author, no update…
How can we fix it?

I can not find, codes in X theme files:

"<?php the_author(); ?>
"
“<?php the_time(‘j F,Y’); ?>”

and
i have this code.

<?php the_title(); ?>

this code its normal. But it still fails. why? What should we do?

Hi there,

What specific page or part of the page has this issue? Not all pages or structures are needed to be optimized for SEO, especially if it’s part of the design.

Yes, fixing the update and author is the solution, but what if the area is not designed for that.

The real issue is the hentry, Wordpress automatically add hentry for every post class, and when you call a post class in any of your templates as part of the design, then expect hentry to be included as well. And when google finds any instance of hentry, it will try to find update/date and author information which if course, doesn’t exist since that area isn’t meant for SEO.

The solution is removing hentry from posts class, but that as well, may break some features dependent to hentry. So, let’s check the issues first, please provide the URL that has this issue.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.