Google Fonts not loading since update

No idea what the issue is but Google Fonts aren’t loading at all. Recently ran updates, now the fonts are displaying wrong. Both Body and Headings fonts should be loading from Google Fonts. Body should be Lato, and Headings should be Days. I’ve cleared and killed all caching, ran tests for plugin conflict etc. Any tips please?

https://www.celticquestcoasteering.com

So I’ve installed the two fonts as custom, disabled Google Fonts and it seems to be working ok. Still no idea why google fonts wouldn’t load. Would love to get it working without the workaround. Both the fonts were in the google selection, after updating there were no google fonts available in the dropdowns.

Hello @coasteering,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve run through the theme swap and dissabling all plugins. It’s still not loading Google Fonts. My workaround only works intermittently too. It’s not displaying the custom font for all the system/body text. All super confusing as other websites running Pro are fine and dandy :frowning:

Hello Cleopatra,

Please enable the Google Fonts.

You also need to reassign the fonts since at the moment, it is using the custom fonts.

Best Regards.

Enabling Google Fonts reverts system text (nav, content inserted by a plugin etc) to times new roman. When i do enable Google Fonts as you suggested, the font selection does not appear in the dropdown, I cannot select Days or Lato from the Google Fonts section as they are not appearing/loading. Hence the need for assigning custom font. I’ll leave Google Fonts enabled, you can see what I mean. In Theme Options>Fonts are is no Google Fonts loading.

Hey Cleopatra,

The Google fonts are not loading because you have added this custom PHP code in your Pro child theme’s functions.php file:

// =============================================================================

// Remove Google Web Fonts
add_filter( 'cs_load_google_fonts', '__return_false' );

You can comment this line or remove it.

Thanks.