Google Font 400 error

I noticed a small issue with the newest version of x theme regarding the loading of google fonts. I am receiving this error:

As you can see in the url the “css?family=roboto:” when it should be “css?family=Roboto:” for some reason google is case sensitive with this. I noticed this also happened with “Open Sans” as well as other google fonts selected in the theme options. Is there an easy way I can change this?

This is the line that is causing it:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=roboto:300,300i,700,700i,900,100,100i,400,400i,500,500i,900i&#038;subset=latin,latin-ext&#038;display=swap" type="text/css" media="all" data-x-google-fonts />

Thanks!

Hi @michigancreative,

Thanks for reaching out.

I just tested the Roboto Google font in my staging environment and they are just showing fine. The google fonts link is also correct.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your Google fonts.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

@marc_a

I have walked through the steps and can be sure it’s not a plugin, or customization issue. The specific line seems to be generated by the cornerstone font panel. I attempted to re-set the font to the “Roboto” selection but it doesn’t seem to change anything.

The login credentials are in the secure note.

Thanks!

Hello @michigancreative,

When this issue happens again, please remove the font. Go to X > Settings > System and hit the “Clear Style Cache”. Go back to the font manager and add your font again.

Please check out the test page added in the secure note.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.