Google Analytics Extension alters my Google tag Code showing a head bar across my site

Hello there.
Pro Version 6.4.18
Google Analytics Extension.

If i set up Google Analytics Extension header, with the Analytics ID, and ga (stander) implementation Google will show an error that my site is not sending data.

It will only work if I switch it to gtag.js implementation and pasting my Google tag code in the (optional) Meta Tag field.
However, I noticed that after pressing the blue update button my code will change! I also noticed that I will see a Head bar across my site showing my Google tag ID.

Hello @VGonzaloMartinez,

Thanks for writing to us.

To insert the Google analytic code I would suggest you please use the “Insert Headers And Footers” plugin to insert the code.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thank you for the recommendation. We purchased your product because of the added value of the Extensions and approved Plugins, as adding unapproved third-party plugins impacts the site performance. We don’t want to use or add another plugin. What is wrong with your Google Analytics Extension and when will it be fixed?

Hello @VGonzaloMartinez,

The Google Analytics extension hasn’t been updated yet and does not support Google Analytics 4. We highly recommend that you install the “Site Kit” plugin. This plugin is created and maintained by Google itself.

Best Regards.

Ok. How do I uninstall the Google Analytics extension? Unchecking the “Enable Google Analytics” Will not do it.

Hi @VGonzaloMartinez,

You need to deactivate the plugin from the Plugin list in your WordPress admin dashboard and then follow my colleague’s suggestion to add the code.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

All done. What is better, Site Kit by Google or the MonsterInsights? I see Google itself is promoting the integration with the MonsterInsights plugin instead of Site Kit by Google! Does anybody know why?

Hello @VGonzaloMartinez,

MonsterInsights provides seamless integration with Google Analytics, allowing you to track website traffic, user behavior, conversions, and more directly from your WordPress dashboard. MonsterInsights offers advanced tracking features such as eCommerce tracking, form tracking, file download tracking, and event tracking, which can be set up without editing code. MonsterInsights offers various add-ons for additional features such as Google AMP tracking, Facebook Instant Articles tracking, and more

Site Kit integrates with multiple Google services, including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google AdSense, and Google PageSpeed Insights, providing a centralized dashboard for website performance and optimization. It provides insights and recommendations for improving website performance, search engine visibility, and monetization opportunities based on data from Google services. Site Kit offers integration with Google Search Console, allowing you to view search analytics, indexing status, and performance metrics directly from your WordPress dashboard.

If you primarily need comprehensive Google Analytics tracking with advanced features and customization options, MonsterInsights may be the better choice. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a simplified solution that integrates multiple Google services and provides actionable insights and recommendations, Site Kit by Google could be more suitable for your needs.

Thanks