Google Analytics code visible in header

Hi there

When I install and activate the Google Analytics plugin in X-Pro, enable Analytics and paste the Google generated code in the header field, the code will be visible on my website above the header as soon as I sign out from the WordPress Backend.
Any idea, what I did wrong?
Thank you very much for your help!

Hello Felix,

Thanks for writing in! When using the Google Analytics extension plugin, please do not add any GA code. You will only have to insert the Google Analytics ID and the plugin will do the rest.

Do not add any code in the “Meta Tag” field because that is intended for Google Verification purposes.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi Ruenel

Thank you very much for your support! I have the GA Tracking ID, It looks something like this: UA-167526057-1. Is this the ID I have to insert in GA ID field?

For the Meta Code I did as explained in this video:

However, I deleted the Google Analytics Plugin completely and it seems, my website is tracked by GA anyway.

Thank you very much for your help!

You’re welcome, Felix. We’re glad that your site’s now working.

Yes, the GA Tracking ID is the one that starts with UA-.

The video tutorial you followed is outdated so it does not apply to the latest version of our Google Analytics extension anymore.

The Meta Tag is optional and that’s given by Google only if you chose to verify your site using the Meta Tag option.

Hi Christian

Thank you very much for your help and all your information! Great support!

On behalf of my colleague you’re welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.