Google analytic and Google tag manager issue (urgent)

Hi support team,

I meet two issue to add google analytic tracking code and Google tag manager on X theme.
Firstly,
I followed the document to add Google analytic plugin and activity it. Then I fill Google Analytics ID
I also want to add google analytic tracking code on Meta Tag (optional) , but the tacking code appears on the website head. Not sure what’s going on.

Secondly, I search how to add Google tag manager code on X theme, I am not sure where can add those tracking code.

By the way, my current website is already launch , but I am not use child site, is it ok?

I need you guys advice.
Thank you so much.

Hello Shannon,

Thanks for writing in! You will need to use a child theme to be able to accomplish adding the Google tag code. Please check out this old thread:

You can get the child theme here:

To properly install the child theme, kindly follow these steps:

• Download the child theme and upload it to your WordPress dashboard in Appearance > Themes like any normal theme. Please do not activate it yet.
  • Go to X > Validation > Theme Options Manager and download the XCS file to your local computer.
  • Go back to Appearance > Themes and then activate your newly uploaded child theme.
  • Go back again to X > Validation > Theme Options Manager and import the XCS file that you have previously downloaded. This is to make sure that your child theme will have the same settings as your parent theme.
  • Lastly, if you have made any file modifications, please make sure to note those files. Copy those files and place it in your child theme’s folder in the same order. And if you added any custom codes in your parent theme’s functions.php file, you will have to transfer those codes to your child theme’s functions.php file.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi Ruenel,
Thanks for replying me so quickly.
One process I am not sure.
If I follow the instruction you suggest that import the XCS file that I have previously downloaded, would it be accidentally change my existed parent theme I already edited ? Also, the website is just launched.

Please let me know, thank you

Hello @Shannonmathers

Activating the child theme will not affect the parent theme. The changes you made into the parent theme will work as it is. Sill we suggest please make changes only in the child theme to avoid any issue on theme updates. Please remember don’t offer any support on customized parent theme on core files.

Thanks for understanding

Hi Prakash_s,
Thank you so much for your advice.

Hi @Shannonmathers,

You are most welcome, please let us know how it works for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.