Going from X to Pro via theme restore (not upgrade)

I would like to upgrade an active X site to Pro and plan to do so by restoring a backup of my Pro theme on my X site. I want it this way to bring over the header and footer I have designed in Pro.

My question is will any of the customizer setting and widgets come over too?

Hi There,

If you a restoring a backup everything will be overwritten.

Hope it clarifies.

Yes it does thanks, I may have to rethink my method.

So if I upgrade the active X to Pro nothing will really be affected. I can continue to use the old X header for my main header and then work on a Pro header by assigning it to a draft back page…correct?

Hi There,

That is correct.

Hope it helps

great thanks

You are welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.