Global Parameters for managing font size

Hey!

I’m trying to utilise Global Parameters to setup a blank template for myself so I can quickly access common controls. Just having trouble getting them to output correctly, hoping I can get some assistance to point out where I’m going wrong.

Here’s my parameter settings:

Here’s how I’m trying to pull the data:

When I change the values in the parameter settings nothing happens. I’m using a Component workspace to create these global elements. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Kenny.

Hey Kenny,

We’re confused given the details in your post. Would you mind telling us what your goal is with your setup? Also, provide the following details in a Secure Note

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Hey Christian,

I want to create a set of components for common elements with their common settings, such as heading font sizes, colours, padding and responsiveness. I want to also create these for buttons and image containers etc. These would essentially become part of my own ‘Blank’ template, allowing me to quickly build new websites where I can edit these common settings easily.

So each component I want to extract common settings like size and colour into parameters so I can control globally how fonts work across the site. I know I can do this through CSS but in the long term, this seems like a quicker and more visual way to control these settings which I prefer.

I’m working on a localhost build as I’m just playing around trying to get this working. I can upload to a temp domain but not why you guys would need access?

Cheers!

Hello hope you are well today.

I have a couple ideas on what might be going on. 1 there is an issue where you need to manually change a theme parameter for Cornerstone to use the parameter. So if you change it from 2em, then back to 2em. If that works, you shouldn’t have an issue with it after the fact. 2 I see an issue where if you change your theme parameter the changes in the preview won’t take affect till after you reload Cornerstone or change tabs in Cornerstone. Let me know if this helps, we’ll take a look at getting these two issues solved as well. Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend!

Hey Charlie, thanks for your reply. I did notice strange things happening when refreshing Cornerstone.

@charlie:
as a supplement:
here it would be extremely ingenious if responsive text sizes were possible like with a normal element

text

1 Like

Hey @deranaloge,

Thanks for chiming in! We will forward your feedback to our developers.

Cheers.

Yes definitely would be awesome to have this natively. It’s basically what I’m trying to build!

Hi @kendo90,

My colleague has already forwarded it to our development team.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.