Global CSS Not Working on Homepage

Hi, I have an issue with global CSS on a homepage.

The CSS shows in cornerstone fine, but when i view in frontend the global CSS isn’t functioning, however the classes are still on the elements. Strangely as I say, its only on the homepage, other pages work fine with global CSS.

I’ve attached a screenshot with test css, please see frontend at https://www.ciobanupropertyimprovements.com/

Under construction password is themeco1

Many thanks, hopefully i’m not just being daft

Hello Florin,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Good morning,

I have attempted the troubleshooting as set out but the issue persists. Even with the parent theme active, and with all plugins de-activated, no joy.

Please find attached login details. This is not a staging site, but it is not live.

Hi Florin,

This sounds like it could be the same as the issues we’ve been seeing. When updating to a new major release, there could be some markup changes incompatible with the cached generated styles. We need to make sure that there’s always a way for the style cache to be cleared.

I suggest that you go to Pro > Settings > System then click the Clear Style Cache button to clear the style cache manually.

On the other hand, accessing your backend requires 2FA. If the issue still persists after the suggestion above, I would like to request to disable the 2FA plugin in the meantime.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi Marc, thanks for the reply.

Yes i did see a similar issue on the forum a few days ago.
I have attempted to clear the style cache as you suggest, but the issue persists.

Hi, any updates on what seems to be quite a wide spread issue? I’ve seen more posts regarding similar issues.

The issue is also now happening on another page within the website as well as the homepage:
https://www.ciobanupropertyimprovements.com/projects/bathroom-renovation

Unfortunately I can’t pinpoint what action triggered the issue on that page.

Thanks

Hi @Proffcontractor,

I’ve been looking into this on your site and unfortunately it’s because of several syntax errors in the Element CSS feature used throughout your home page. There were some missing close braces when media queries were being used. A CSS syntax error in Element CSS could cause a problem with the final CSS output and cause any styles placed after it to not work properly.

I was able to fix it on your home page. Here’s how you can do it yourself for any other pages

• From the Outline pane you can right click a Section and do “Expand All”
  • Hover on any elements that have a status indicator and look for Element CSS
  • Inspect each of those elements and edit the Element CSS
  • In each code editor, make sure each element closes any braces that get opened.

Thanks for the help Alexander,

I wasn’t aware syntax errors within elements would throw off global css, I’ll be sure to double check my CSS.

Much appreciated.

Hi Florin,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.