Global Container Shifting when adding Margins

Every time on every site I work on, if I have Global Container on and I add a margin to it, the row shifts to the left. Why is that?

See the video I uploaded.

Hello @Kev,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Definitely not any of the common issues. I have provided the login credentials

Hey @Kev,

Please double-check the given credentials because it does not work for us.

Thanks.

I have changed your password.

Hello Kev,

By default, the placement on an element is on the left side. The margin of that element when not set or 0 on all sides, it automatically positions that element to the middle of the container in this case is the Section element.

As soon as you change the value of either top, bottom, left or right margin, the position of the Row element will change to the default placement which is on the left side. If you are going to set a bottom or top margin of the Row element, since the size is the same as the “Global Container” or 88%, the Row element now becomes off centered. To get this back to the center, you will have to set the left and right margins of the Row element to auto.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks, @ruenel. This does make sense. I appreciate the clear explanation.

You are most welcome, @Kev.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.