Global blocks not showing in back end

When i click on global blocks the pop up says that there are ‘no global blocks found’. There are global blocks and they are showing on the front end of the site, but there just not visible in the back end. I have read other forum posts as this seems to be a common issue. When I switch back to the parent theme they are editable in the back end.

I have also added the following to functions.php as it was proposed as a solution in one of the forum posts;

function lets_redirect_404_pages() {
global $wp_query;
if ( $wp_query->is_404 ) {
wp_redirect( get_bloginfo(‘wpurl’), 301 );
exit;
}
}
add_action(‘template_redirect’, ‘lets_redirect_404_pages’, 1);

The site is https://www.thedevonfishmonger.co.uk/

Hello @simonwr1976,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If it doesn’t work for you, I would suggest you follow the below steps. You must take a backup of your database and files before following these steps.

1. Deactivate and delete the Pro theme
  2. Download the latest fresh Pro theme from Themeco account Dashboard.
  3. Reinstall the Pro theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

As I stated in my original post the global blocks work if I change back from the child theme to the parent theme.

I’ve disabled all the plugins with the child theme live and global blocks still don’t work.

Happy for you to login to the site and find the issue.

Hello @simonwr1976,

Thanks for sharing the login details, yes you are right there is an issue with your child theme. I would suggest you contact a developer who can assist you with your concern or you can avail of our services called One where customization questions are answered. Please note we don’t provide customized child theme support. It is out of the support scope.

Thanks for understnding

thanks for your reply.

Global blocks were working in the child theme until recent theme updates. I created them in the child theme in the first place

Hi @simonwr1976,

I just check your child theme and you already remove your custom code for the global blocks. Please keep in mind that we don’t support any code customization enhancement.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.