Global Blocks Cornerstone goes grey after making a modification

Hi!

In ThemeX, in Global Blocks, Cornerstone goes grey after making modifications to padding on one of the three CTAs. Please find the two screen captures attached. It becomes necessary to save and then refresh the page for the preview to reappear.

Is that normal? Thanks.

Before modification

After modification

Hello @DigitalTrustBuilders,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.0.11
  • Cornerstone 5.0.11

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel!

Thanks for responding, and happy new year!

The latest versions of both X and Cornerstone are already updated, confirmed & checked below:

• WP Current version: 5.6
  • Child Theme 1.0.0
  • X theme 8.0.11
  • Cornerstone 5.0.11

Hi again,

I have reproduced the same problem after verifying everything was up to date, which was the case.
Here below a capture of the reproduction of the bug in a global block.

I hope my responses support your resolution work. Thanks!

Hi @DigitalTrustBuilders,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your Global Block and there is a JavaScript code in the Hubspot Contact Form section which is breaking the entire view, upon further checking your code is triggering an error which is causing the issue.

I went ahead and commented out the code and now Global Block works after any modification.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you @nabeel! If understand well there was some sort of conflict in JavaScript between GlobalBlocks and HubSpot and you resolved it. Do you suggest us to do anything else?

There’s some workaround to fix your issue while the HubSpot script is active on your Global Blocks. I suggest that you will use the Raw Content element instead of Text element and check the disable preview options. In that way, the script from HubSpot will not conflict with the builder.

Note: I already made the changes in your CTA Global Blocks and it is now working the way you wanted.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a,

If I understand well, you suggest I should be using the “raw content” element when I paste code anywhere in the WordPress, and especially with HubSpot coding, is that right?

Yes, my colleague suggests you use the Raw Content element instead of the Text element.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.