Global Block Names in Pro v4.2.3

Hey there,

I recently updated Pro from v4.1.5 to v4.2.3 and noticed that the shortcode name of global block has changed from numbers to full text.

I didn’t see any of this in the changelog. Any insight?

Hello @npn,

Thanks for writing in! We have to change the shortcode from displaying the ID number to a full text for more and easier management of the shortcode. Having the full text is very easy to determine what that global block is about compared to having just an ID.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification @ruenel.

Is there any way to change the shortcode name on the user end?

The reason I ask is I have created multiple global blocks of similar styles by duplicating others, and the shortcode name is kept from the original duplicated block and is appended with a number. If you do this several times the shortcode name becomes crazy long.

Hello @npn,

When you create a global block, the name of the block will be used in the shortcode:
Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 1.18.28 PM

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 1.21.14 PM

As soon as you duplicate the block, a number is added to the name. Regretfully you cannot change the name.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, @ruenel

Hi @npn,

You can still use the [cs_gb id="123"] syntax but it regretfully won’t be as easy to copy paste. If you hover over the edit button of the Global Block you can see the ID in your browser’s status area - or just click into the builder and you can copy the ID from the address bar.

Ah, good to know.

Thanks!

Hi @npn,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.