Give shadow to single post (featured image + content)

I managed to change the background but I cant find the right wrapper to give a shadow to both the featured image and the post content.

It’s either too wide (the padding gets shadow) or too narrow (only the text-content gets shadow)

I have tried x-container, post, x-main, article etc… to no avail.

On my image you can see Im trying to find the right container with a red border. It should only include the image and the white section.

Giving both image and content a shadow separately would not have the desired outcome.

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thank you.

As you can see giving the two parts (entry-feature) and (entry-wrap) shadows dont work cause they overlap.

How to solve? I have sent you the link in a private message.

Hi,

You can try this code instead.

.blog article {
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 15px 7px rgba(0,0,0,0.19);
    -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 15px 7px rgba(0,0,0,0.19);
    box-shadow: 0px 0px 15px 7px rgba(0,0,0,0.19);
    max-width: 850px;
    margin: 4em auto 0;
}

Hope that helps

Did the trick. Thanks Paul!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.