Giant Text on Homepage after Pro Updates

What would be the reason why, after updating to Pro 4.x, our homepage has all the text super large when trying to edit it? Attached is screenshot in editor. You can see the same page looking just fine at stayinnewport.com

P.S. FWIW, your uploading mechanism for this forum is misstating the maximum image upload size. This image was 1.7MB before compressing it further and your forum wouldn’t accept it because only files under 4MB are allowed. Yeah, doesn’t make sense to me either.

Hi @co50,

Thanks for reaching out!

There’s could you a plugin or custom code that affects your text.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Sure, I’ve added a secure note. Keep in mind no changes were made to this website other than updating Pro to 4.x. So my guess is that this is a result of Pro not properly handling certain pages built on 3.x.

Hi @co50.

Thanks for providing all your details!

I have logged in and it turns out that the issue is because you have inserted a responsive text that has no CSS selector in it.

I went ahead and remove the unused responsive text setting. The page is now displaying normally.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.