Getting infinite hangs on saving in Cornerstone

Hi, I’m using X Theme on several sites now and LOVE IT! I’m noticing however over the last several days that I’m getting infinite hangs in Cornerstone when I save… and this is happening now on three different sites. The only way out is to reload the page and of course then I lose all my changes. I’ve tried slowly adding one or two edits at a time and saving, but I eventually hit that hang again and it sits there forever. Never any error messages. I’ve got a new site with fresh files and the current child theme and I’m already running into the same issue. I’ve tried deactivating all plugins, but no change.

Thank you for any help at all!!

Hi There,

Please provide the code again but wrap it on the </> available above your message box.

The issue you describe usually happens when there is bad html syntax code or incompatible script added to the page.

Thank you

If you open the Home page in Cornerstone, you’ll see the section called “New Music.” Here is one example of when I get the hangup on saving: Under the cover art for the first song you’ll see a small button called “ITUNES.” The code that’s out there is:

<span style="color: #000000;">ITUNES</span>
<a class="button-sm" style="margin-left:20px" href="https://itunes.apple.com" target="_blank">iTUNES</a>

I’m wanting to add another placeholder button called “SAMPLE.” The additional code will be:

<a class="button-sm samplebtn">SAMPLE</a>

So the full code for that text box will be:

<span style="color: #000000;">ITUNES</span>
<a class="button-sm" style="margin-left:20px" href="https://itunes.apple.com" target="_blank">iTUNES</a>
<a class="button-sm samplebtn">SAMPLE</a>

But when I add that one additional bit of code, I get the infinite hang. This is just one example. It’s been happening with numerous updates now on three different sites.

Hi! I just wanted to be sure you had seen my response with the code used. I’m still unable to get it to save. Thank you for any assistance!

Hi There,

I got this error when I checked.

The request returns 403 Forbidden when saving, and it’s mostly related to security. Please contact your hosting provider and see if they can disable the security or exclude that URL and all requests (all payload related to that URL ) from your security rules.

Please let us know how it goes.

Additionally, please do not bump your own thread, because we answer from oldest to newest and bumping the thread will reset it back on the queue.