Get dynamic taxonomy via header composer

Hello!,
I got a question about displaying dynamic custom taxonomy with the options you have on the composer of the theme (which we use on different sections to display dynamic data such as “page title”, “user name” and so on).

But now we are trying to display a custom taxonomy. We found the option named “Meta” which we believe that may do the job, but don’t know how to fill the fields it contain to display the result we are looking for.

We have tried something like:

• {{dc:archive:meta term=“taxonomy=album”}}
  • {{dc:archive:meta term=“album”}}

But they display empty space.

When the taxonomy from the admin, it shows url as:

…/wp-admin/edit-tag.php?taxonomy=album&post_type=lamina

Is it possible to get some help from you to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Related image for the context:

Hi Luis,

Thank you for writing in, on the dynamic content meta box, press the dropdown and it will show you all the available meta key for that post.

More details on the following link:

Work With Dynamic Content
Extensions: Combining ACF Pro & Global Blocks

Cheers!

Hello, thanks for your answer.

We are trying to get a term of a custom taxonomy named “album” which was created under custom post type named “laminas”.

We looked all over that list, it shows many fields and custom fields indeed (that’s awesome), but it doesn’t displays taxonomies on that list.

I looked to the documentation and reference you shared, but they don’t explain about displaying taxonomies.

Thanks!

Hello Julio,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello!, I will share access with you.

Wherever inside the cornerstone editor you can get the term of custom post type, will be good so I can replicate it. However, if you want to do it in the same editor we tried it, it’s:

PRO > headers > General header
(bar 2 > container 1 for more specific detail).

We are trying to dynamically get the term of custom taxonomy “Lamina” which is under post type named “Album”

Thanks in advance!

Hello Luis and Julio,

I have logged in and checked your header, custom post and your taxonomies. Please be advised that the dynamic content will display on either Post or Archive page only. It will not display on both generally.

• {{dc:archive …}} -> this will display on archive pages
  • {{dc:post …}} -> this will display on posts/custom post types

Therefore, what you have in mind is not possible with Dynamic Contents. You cannot display taxonomy dynamically that will change when viewing the post or archives.

Best Regards.

Hello Ruenel.
Thank you very much for you answer and your time.

We are gonna get the field via some other way. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t possible via Dynamic Contents.

@Canas,

We are glad we’re able to help with your concern.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.