I want to add custom meta I’ve created to show/use in my post or child theme. Which or what variable/function do I need to use?
Would I use something like get_custom_meta(); or something along those lines?
I want to add custom meta I’ve created to show/use in my post or child theme. Which or what variable/function do I need to use?
Would I use something like get_custom_meta(); or something along those lines?
Hi There,
You should copy this file to the child theme(in the same directory path): x/framework/views/global/content.php
After that you can try with this function:
get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), 'your_post_meta' );
Hope it helps 
Sure, let us know how it goes. 
Added the reference code, did not work. Realized I did not need to add to the child theme. However, the code returned nothing.
<?php get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), 'my_post_meta' ); ?>
Hi,
Please change your code to this.
<?php echo get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), 'my_post_meta' ); ?>
Hope that helps
@paul.r the echo helped, but it’s still not returning the correct value. It’s currently displaying ARRAY. Custom meta created using Essential Grid Custom Settings.
Hi,
Please change to
<?php echo get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), 'my_post_meta', true ); ?>
By adding true, it will get single data instead of array.
This is more of a wordpress question rather than the theme.
For more information kindly refer to the links below
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_post_meta/
https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/custom-meta-data/
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.