GDPR conform video

Hi,
we want offer GDPR conform YouTube Videos for our Customer. That means user should be able to use the player without agree to cookies. But we have some problem and would need some help please.
Our system setup:

• xtheme
  • Cookiebot
  • WP-YouTube-Lyte

First setup without Cornerstone works fine:. No Cookies and Player is working as expected.

Second setup, Cornerstone and Video Player:

Player is not working right

YouTube Cookies are loaded

Third setup, Cornerstone and embedded Video. The player got not rendert right.

wdf is that "new user can only us 2 links in the forum???
ok, you gone set the following to a link together:
…yamnam.com/test-embedded-video/
We use YouTube embedded Code. I cannot add the code, cause the forum is not showing the code.

4th setup, Cornerstone with Classic embedded Video.
…yamnam.com/test-classic-embedded-video/

• The Player ist working
  • Cookies are loaded
  • The page is not rendered right
  • there is a second player on the page

So how can we make this work?
Thanks for your help.

Hi Enzo,

Thanks for reaching out!

The reason why when you use the Video player then the YouTube icon is not clickable is because the theme changes the controls and in order to play it, you need to click this play control.

That being said, if you want them to play the video using the YouTube icon, just use the embedded source code from Youtube. Something like this one.

Hope that helps.

Morning Marc,

sorry that did not help at all. You maybe have not ready my post accurate.

The button problem is only half of the problem. The other half ist that the cookies from YouTube are loaded. Hence, that is not right according to GDPR.

We have all ready tried your recommendation. Just go back an read our setup 3 and 4. Both with the embedded code from YouTube. Both are not working.
setup 3

setup 4 (please watch the hole page, its a mess)

btw. the board rule that new members can only add 2 links and one pic sucks!!!

Enzo

Hi Enzo,

I did read all your posts accurately, maybe I just don’t understand it properly and I am sorry about it. There is still a question that I needed from you to fully understand your issue.

What do you mean by cookies from YouTube are loaded? I am not seeing a cookie from the page, what I see is the cookie from the Cookiebot plugin.

On the other hand, we are not quite sure why the video on your Test embedded Video page is not loading fine, I tried to embed the video on my development website using the embed option in the Video element and it is just working fine. Since the video is working fine on your Test Classic embedded Video page, I suggest that you use this method once we sorted out about the other issue.

Regarding the board rule that new members can only add 2 links and one pic, I believe that is a security feature in the forum software we use (discourse) as not something we’ve added.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,
thanks for your answer. I’m glad do make the cookie problem more understandable.
please follow the steps:

Regarding your answer, please check my next post. cause I cannot add more then one image.

… regarding to use the Classic embedded Video. Unfortunately it breaks the design some how.
I don’t know, why that gost box shows up:

If I deactivate the addon WP YouTube Lyte I get an empty box.
please check my next post …

I have deactivated all addon, but did not help at all. Do you have any suggestions?
brgds.
Enzo

Hello Enzo,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Enzo,

I tried to access your site but the given credentials are not working on my end. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

OK, sorry. I have fixed it.

Hey Enzo,

The correct Youtube setup is using the Embed Video mode. It didn’t display because of version incompatibility between the old X version and the new Cornerstone version.

Before reporting an issue to us, please ensure everything is up to date and that you’ve followed all of the solution listed in our troubleshooting article here https://theme.co/docs/common-issues

Don’t use the Video Player mode for Youtube or any video service that doesn’t over direct video URL. The Video Player will only work for direct to video URL or self-hosted videos like https://example.com/video.mp4

Regarding the GDPR issue, please contact the cookiebot plugin developer as 3rd party plugin investigation is beyond the scope of our theme support. The Video element only outputs the exact Youtube video and just styles it. It does not have any cookie functionality.

If you want us to check the GDPR issue, you might want to sign up to One where we can answer anything about WordPress including 3rd party themes and plugins.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

sorry but what do you mean by old X version? We have installed version 9.0.7 while the latest version is 9.0.8 and we have installed cornerstone 6.0.7 while the latest is 6.0.8. So how can this versions not be compatible?

And the latest version came out yesterday. So i guess we are up to date.
Now I have updated everything to the latest version but the problem stays the same. Embedded does not work!!!

What should I do with your wise link to the common issues? Non of that solutions helped anyway!

We wouldn’t have GDPR issues if x theme would work with the embedded code as expected, but obvious it don’t and btw. your support is not very helpful I must admit!!!

Hello Enzo,

The video player should work even if you are using the X theme 9.0.7 and Cornerstone 6.0.7 version. A few things to keep in mind when using the video player element;
1.) You CANNOT use the Vimeo or Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/embed/_123abcd for example

2.) If your video is hosted in 3rd party video hosting site like Youtube, you will need to use the embed code:

To know where you can find the Youtube video embed code, please check this out:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en

I have made some tests on your site and I found out that the Cookiebot plugin is blocking the video from playing. At the moment, I have temporarily deactivated the plugin for testing and the video embed is playing in this link:

Since the Cookiebot plugin is a 3rd party plugin, we highly recommend that you contact the creators of the Cookiebot plugin and ask them how you can use their plugin to work with what you have in mind.

Thank you for your understanding.

OK, thanks. Yes it was the combination of Cookiebot and Cornerstone. Although I have deactivated all plugins I did not checked that specific combination.
I could change the settings of Cookiebot so at least the embedded Videos in Cornerstone now working.

Hi Enzo,

Great and you’re welcome! Hope you are able to figure it out. If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.