Garbage code with Cornerstone disabled

I’m migrating our X-Theme based site to a new brand and trying to optimize load times. Turning off Cornerstone and just using Visual Composer with X – Shortcodes (I know you don’t support it anymore) reduces load time by about 20~30%, not insignificant. All works well except for the WooCommerce product pages

E.g. http://www.aertworks.com/wp_aertworks2/shop/solutions/stringer-topo/

It adds the following above the product description.

[x_tab_nav type=“one-up”] [x_tab_nav_item class=“description_tab” title=“Description”] [/x_tab_nav] [x_tabs] [x_tab class=“description_pane”]

And the following below.

[/x_tab] [/x_tabs]

Is there a way to remove this through functions.php or .css?

Please don’t answer that you don’t support X – Shortcodes anymore. I purchased several copies of your X-theme of the years and liked it until you added Cornerstone. I’m sure that I’m not the only one who absolutely hates it and prefers to continue to work in Visual Composer. Please advise.

Hi There,

That is part of X theme customization on woocommerce. Look for tabs.php on this folder: wp-content\themes\x\woocommerce\single-product\tabs. Copy that same file on your child theme here: wp-content\themes\x-child\woocommerce\single-product\tabs. Edit the file accordingly. You may check the original file from woocommerce here: \wp-content\plugins\woocommerce\templates\single-product\tabs\tabs.php. You may copy the original woocommerce tabs.php on the child theme so that X theme customization with x_tabs shortcode will be overridden with the original code back again.

Please note that this setup is not recommended but feel free to continue if this is what works for you. Using updated plugin is always recommended. Further issues that will result on this setup is unfortunately outside the scope of our support. Thank you for understanding.

That worked! Thank you very much.

Serge

You’re always welcome Serge!

Cheers.