Gap at top of fixed navbar

When I scroll down, after the logo, the navbar is supposed to be fixed at the top but there’s a gap. it seems to be the same amount of space as at the top of the logo but nothing I’ve done works to remove this gap.

Thanks

Hello @theresaladner,

Thanks for writing in!

I am unable to replicate navbar gap on my end. Have you resolved the problem? Please confirm. https://screencast.com/t/3gSBosv9ihd

Thanks.

No. Unresolved. I clear the cache and history, then it stops only to start doing it again immediately.

It also does it on my iPad so it can’t just be my computer.

Hello There,

I am another staff checking in and I could not replicate the issue either. I am guessing that when you test your site, you are logged in. This could be the space for you WP admin bar which is not visible. Could you please logged out and check your site again?
​
​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password
​
Thank you.

OK, it did not do it when I logged out. But it is odd and it’s not happened before. Any thoughts on why?

Edit: So it’s definitely a missing admin bar. It’s checked off to show, so why isn’t it showing?

X does not have any function or style that could hide the admin bar. A third party plugin or customization might be causing that. Please check for the following:

  1. Clear all caches again including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

  4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.

  1. Tried it. No change.
  2. I don’t even know what a CDN is.
  3. Disabled each plugin. No change.
  4. Removed custom CSS. No change so I replaced it. Pretty sure there’s no custom Javascript.

Edit: Turns out it was the Slider Revolution plugin.

Glad you’ve sorted it out.

Cheers!