Fullwidth problem

I should note this is critical.

Ever since the new theme update, fullwidth is not working properly. I think the problem could be due to this slider: http:// tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/a/a07b3cd414ca5e98387017870551d0efe7b0b779.png on Options -> Layout. Now it can’t go past 90%. If I put 100%, it actually works (margins are 0%, 0px), but when saving it drops to 0.

I think the problem started when I entered the Options -> Layout panel, and I probably saved, which caused my old values (fullwidth was working perfectly, and today, before working on changes I updated both Cornterstone and the theme) to be resetted. I was editing the main page, and suddendly things turned weird. This has nothing to do with the page itself.

This is how it looked before: http:// tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/3/3771e862e7e36bb391cd2fd1f94ab8ddb7ece42a.jpg, and how it should look.

This is how it looks now: http:// tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/b/b9b0a159faa9733633293b65c35a99f0a8558234.jpg.

NOW: I think the problem isn’t within the page itself due to some reasons:

  • I tried switching off the column container, as well as other tips I found on this forum. No luck.
  • I compared the source codes of the before (I had it opened on another window, luckily) and after. Exactly the same.
  • They affect the whole wrapper, not just a section.

This problem has to do with CSS. I can fix the look (it’s actually what the live page has applied now) applying this custom CSS:

.hentry .entry-wrap, .search-results .x-container>.product .entry-wrap {
  padding: 0px;
}

.x-container.max {
    max-width: 100%;
}

.x-container.width {
    width: 100%;
}

This is NOT a final solution. Mobile margins do not load properly: http:// tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/1/1bbdec26195807327226c3573c0c3188e6d54968.png, here a comparison with another page: http:// tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/c/c58f34a53ba105f65ede367e2ad426753f59b974.jpg that doesn’t have the crappy CSS fix.

So. I want to get rid of these margins.

…without CSS trickery. Moreover, I want to know why they appeared, what setting caused this mayhem. It worked flawlessly before, on the editor too. Why are those margins appearing now? Page template is “Layout - Fullwidth”. My bet is on that SITE WIDTH (%) setting. Also, SITE MAX WIDTH (PX) only accepts (obviously) px values. I have to use CSS tricks to make it 100%. Was any of this changed recently? Any suggestion?

Thanks.

PS: You’re making this harder for me. First, no more than 1 image per post. Then, only two links. The whole post would have been much more beautiful and you wouldn’t have to copy-paste the cut links.

So partially I fixed it. To remove the upper margin, I used this specific page CSS:

.hentry .entry-wrap, .search-results .x-container>.product .entry-wrap {
  padding: 0px;
}

And then to remove the lateral margins, I simply added a -30% (both on left and right) margin to the Classic Image element.

Anyway, would love an official response. This is a valid solution, but fullwidth should work out of the box right? Does it have to do with the Options -> Layout (Max width max of 90%)?

Hi There,

Please remove your CSS as it should not be necessary.

Instead of selecting the layout full width, please select: Blank No Container Header Footer.

To select the template, go to on your Cornerstone | Settings | Templates | or on Wordpress Classic backend editor under the blue update button > Page Attributes > Page Templates > Select: Blank No Container Header Footer.

Also, note that on Cornerstone, if you click on the ROW you can turn off the column container.

If that does not solve the issue, please provide the URL so we can take a closer look.

Thank you

This worked great. So sorry, this was actually my fault, I realize now. I must’ve changed at some point the Page Template, and that was causing the issue. Cheers.

No worries, have a nice day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.