Full width portfolio pages

Hi, I’ve tweaked the portfolio pages to try and make it full width, with the code found in some other posts on here. However I still have a slight border on the left and right of each page. Do you know how to get rid of these so they are completely full width?

The code I’m using is:

.x-portfolio .entry-info {
width: 100%;
}
.x-portfolio .p-meta,
.x-portfolio .entry-extra {
display: none;
}
.single-x-portfolio h1.entry-title.entry-title-portfolio {
display: none;
}

.single-x-portfolio .x-container.max.width.offset {
width: 100%;
max-width: 100%;
}.single-x-portfolio .x-container.max.width.offset,
.single-x-portfolio .entry-content {
margin-top: 0;
margin-bottom: 0;
}

.single-x-portfolio .entry-wrap {
background-color: transparent;
border: none;
box-shadow: none;
padding-top: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
}

Screenshot attached to show the issue. Thanks!

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out.

To better help you with your concern, please share with us the link of your website currently working on.

Thank you.

Hi, the page is over at: https://staging2.us.cooperparryit.com/portfolio-item/ilke-homes-business-central-cpit-inc/

Hi Mark,

It seems that the entry-wrap padding is the reason behind your issue, please try the following piece of custom CSS code to get rid of that gap.

.single-x-portfolio .entry-wrap
{
    padding:0px !important;
}

The above code will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing code.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We do not provide support for custom codes that means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something in your site nor will we enhance it.

Thanks

Hi, that’s brilliant thanks for the super speedy reply!! Works perfectly.

Whilst I’ve got you, the main portfolio page is also loading REALLY slowly, it’s taking around 40 seconds to load just two portfolio pages. Do you have any idea why it’s so slow? It was taking just as long even with just the one portfolio entry before I added the slider at the top as well.

Sorry forgot to post the link: https://staging2.us.cooperparryit.com/d365-business-central-case-studies-v2/

Hi Mark,

It seems that the page is already in full width. Regarding the site so slow because you need to minify and defer your js and also properly scale your images, you can on the Gtmetrix on what to improve on your website. I just gave you some insight on how to improve the site speed of your website.

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/staging2.us.cooperparryit.com/jTxAQAFp

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks, we’re running through a lot of that at the moment (it’s already defered according to our siteground server) - I’m not sure that explains why it’s JUST the portfolio page that loads so slowly (we have 3 images loading, all compressed massively already). As every other page loads fine and has way more content.

So it seems there is something specifically up with the way the portfolio feature works, or in this case… doesn’t.

I’ll find a workaround for now to avoid using this page.

Thanks for the tips on that Gtmetrix site, very useful! Have a good day.

Hello Mark

Glad that we are able to help.

Have a great day!
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.