Full-width background image question: scroll to bottom then fixed?

I have a 1048 x 1200 image that I would like to use as background image wherein the full width of the image is visible and scrolling down the page will move to the bottom of the background image but then if the content is longer than image the image sticks when bottom is reached while rest of content keeps scrolling.
-or-
to have the background scroll slower than the content (parallax) so that the image and the content both end at the same point.

Anyone know how to do one or the other of these effects?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Have you created a page where we can see your background? If you are using Cornerstone and have used the section background, you may enable the parallax option instead.

And by the way, with Background image you can hardly achieve a total responsiveness without compromises. I would like you to try this demo here: https://davidwalsh.name/demo/background-size.html which would explain how background image works.

Hope this helps.