Full Screen Image Size

Hi.

How do image sizes (standard/retina) work in PRO? What size should I use for example for full screen images? And how does PRO handle retina images? Would I place a standard image and just keep a retina image with the @2x or _2x extension in the media library? Or should I place the retina images?

If you could please clarify and explain the best practice with PRO.

Thank you.

Hi there,

For your logo, you can upload an image that is 400px wide, but then set it to 200px width in Customizer.

For other images, Pro sets a max width that is relative to where the image is contained on your site. This means you can upload high resolution images for retina devices, but they will be scaled down to fit where they need to go on smaller screens

Pro doesn’t modify the images at all, so everyone will be served the large quality images. The plugin below could be used to help performance by creating two sets of images:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.