Frustrated with X Theme and Cornerstone

When I used X Theme to build my site, RossFG.com, back in 2018, I was happy with the results. When I went back to update it, Cornerstone was unrecognizable to me. I have two simple updates and I have spent fruitless hours trying to make them.

I can’t even figure out how to get help on the Themeco website. Is there anyone out there who can help me?

Thanks.
David

1 Like

Hello David,

Thanks for writing in!

We have updated Cornerstone and has improved it with several features. We also made a name change which refers Cornerstone as the foundation to your site building experience and includes a Layout Builder, Header Builder, Content Builder, Footer Builder, and Grid Editor. If you are using the X theme, you will only have the Content Builder and the Grid Editor. We also have revamped the builder. Please check out this detailed demonstration to explain to your the tips and tricks while working with the latest Cornerstone builder.

Kindly check out other video tutorials too:

Best Regards.

Thanks for the update. I have checked the tutorials and the 101 guide, and neither helped me solve my two issues. First, my “Classic Counter” stopped working. I contacted you earlier this year about this and was told that a planned update would fix it, but it still doesn’t work.

Second, I’m trying to update a jpg chart. I used the Wordpress block editor to update and it shows up correctly in the editor; however, live the old jpg shows up. The old jpg is also what shows up in Cornerstone.

These should be easy fixes and I have spent hours getting nowhere. What can I do to get these fixed?

Thank you.,
David

Hello David,

There is a known issues with the Classic Counter Element. A fix is on the way already in the beta version of the theme. We do not have an ETA of when we can roll out the next theme update.

With regards to your JPG chart, it could be a cache issue. By the way, please be informed that you can only update Cornerstone contents using the builder. Any changes made outside of Cornerstone will not be saved. Use the Cornerstone Content builder to update any Cornerstone contents. You are not supposed to edit any Cornerstone built pages with WordPress Block Editor. It might also create issues or corrupt the Cornerstone metadata which might result to other conflict and issues.

Best Regards.

Thanks for the information, Ruenel. What would be a reasonable expectation for when the theme will be updated - one month, six months?

Is there another Counter plug-in I could use that wouldn’t have the problem?

Hey David,

We are already beta testing for the next release. Just don’t have the ETA when we can release it. Instead of using the Classic Counter element, please use the new Counter element instead. You can check out this documentation:

Cheers.

Ruenel: thanks for info on the Counter element. I’ll try to switch.

I’m trying to something even simpler, and making no progress. I have a Classic Column section that contains a graphic. I need to change the graphic, but I can’t find any way to select the graphic, itself, so I can change it.

I have uploaded a screenshot.
David

I have a graph updated through 2021 that I need to replace the 2020 graph with, but can’t figure out how.
Thanks.
David

Hey David,

Your content is inside the Classic Tabs and it’s not selectable in the preview currently. You need to click the Classic Tabs navigation or expand the Classic Tabs element in the structure pane so you can see the indivudual Classic Tabs items.

To edit the Classic Tabs content or to update your graphics, click on the magnifying glass icon when you hover over the Tab item.

Hope that helps.

Big help! Thanks, Christian. At least I can now find the place to change the text and image. However, when I rewrote the text, and inserted a new image, they showed up in the small box, but didn’t show on the right side of the screen. I tried hitting Save, but that didn’t do anything. What am I missing?
Thanks, again.
David

Hey David,

The usual cause of preview not working and saving issues are server limitations. Please first do the following steps:

1. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Child Theme
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. If you’re using PHP version 8, please try switching to PHP 7.4.

If none of those help, please provide the following info in a Secure Note and we’ll check the errors being generated in the console.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

By the way, this preview issue would be the last issue we’ll solve in this thread. If you’ll encounter other issues, you need to open them up in a separate thread to avoid any confusion in the future.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.