Front end looks very different to back end preview

This page has been edited with Pro. There is a section with 3 rows (2 cells in each) which looks fine in the back end preview but on the front end, the 3 rows are all in one row.

I cannot see any reason for this. It’s very odd. Can you help?

Hi @Lorenmn,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that the issue is related to the Cache. If you haven’t installed any of the cache plugins, please clear the Style Cache from X/Pro > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache.

NOTE: I have also found that your website has the Mixed Content issue [ HTTP and HTTPS ] which blocking to load the of resources.

Hope it helps.

Hi, I had to turn off the plugin that controlled the cache which also controlled the mixed content as it conflicted with Pro and I couldn’t edit the pages.

So, I’ve installed a new plugin, cleared the cache, also cleared the style cache, but, it’s still showing the wrong formatting.

Hi @Lorenmn,

Would you mind sharing your admin credential so that we can check the back-end view and compare it with the front-end view? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

  • WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi. Login details added to previous message as secure note. Thanks.

Hi @Lorenmn,

Unfortunately, the admin URL asks to Protect Your The Website School Account after login credentials are given and do not let us in to investigate it further.

I Have also checked the given URL and found the styles are loaded properly, please find the screenshot below.

If you are seeing any different output, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and in incognito/private mode of the browser.
If that is not the output you are seeing the Content Builder, please check and confirm once the Admin Dashboard is accessible for further investigation.


Ah, sorry about that. I’ve temporarily disabled the 2FA.

No, the screenshot you’ve added is not correct. The top row of the blue section isn’t actually 1 row, it’s 3 rows of 2 columns. In the back end, it previews fine but is clearly wrong on the front. The image below shows how the top of that blue section should be. Screenshot taken from within the Pro editor.

Hi @Lorenmn,

I have checked your website and found that the Text was added with the Broken HTML. Please remove the extra unclosed </p tag which is present in all of the 3 columns with the text.


Wow! I’d have had trouble spotting that! Great find! Thank you!

The client edits this page themselves - Not sure how they managed this. I’ll make them aware.
Thank you so much, It’s been driving us nuts!

Hi @Lorenmn,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.