Front end conflict

When I create a staging copy of my website, I get the message:

A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.

I tried clearing the cache, and this error does not appear on the live version of the site (so I don’t think it is a plug-in conflict).

I am hosting on SiteGround.

Hi there @TroyDettwiler,

Thanks for writing in!

Right now this is a known issue with Siteground staging unfortunately. The Siteground team are aware of the issue and working on a patch that resolves the issue as it’s how their staging functionality handles URLs where it doesn’t update correctly.

If you go to your wp-admin > settings > general, you should see the live URL on your staging site, update that to the staging URL and everything will then work correctly.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.