Fresh install, unable to install Cornerstone/extensions

Hi there, last weekend I did a fresh install of the latest version of WordPress with X theme. It is running on the same server as where I’ve previously installed other WordPress websites, in one other case with X (no problems there).

Unfortunately, the system is not able to automatically install Cornerstone and all installations of extensions fail as well.

I’ve tried changing the plugins folder file permissions (following this article: https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/05/proper-wordpress-filesystem-permissions-ownerships/) and tried a few suggestions for extra lines in the wp-config.php file. However, nothing seems to be working. What can I do?

Second question: where can I find a downloadable package of Cornerstone for manual installation?

Kind regards,

Wil

Hello @djazzithvl,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please goto X > Overview page page in admin in the url appended &force-check=1. And see if that works to install extensions.

http://example.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=x-addons-home&force-check=1

You can get installable Cornerstone file under /framework/plugins/

Thanks.

Thanks. I found the Cornerstone package and manually installed it. The &force-check=1 appendix doesn’t do the trick. Any other suggestions?

Hi There,

This could be related to cURL issue as well. Make sure that PHP cURL extension is enabled on your server and functioning properly.

If you need further assistance, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.