FREE SSL Certificate - Let's Encyrpt

Just discovered Let’s Encrypt. It’s a FREE SSL certificate issuing authority.

I just switched to a host that provides Let’s Encrypt, and it was SUPER EASY to set up. A few clicks! Definitely check it out if your host offers it!

4 Likes

I use 1&1 hosting and they offer 1 free SSL per package…it’s pretty sweet!

Let’s Encrypt is really awesome. For anyone feeling overwhelmed by the dozens of tools out there for generating the certificates, here are the two I like best:

Certbot is fully automated and can auto renew the certificate. Works great.

https://zerossl.com/

What I love about ZeroSSL is that it’s pure certificate generation and no tooling. It’s been great for setting up short term staging servers where I just want to save the key files and tell nginx where they are.

1 Like

I recommend Let’s Encrypt. Unless you are using Themeco hosting then it’s included :wink:

Same for WP Engine

1 Like

Let’s Encrypt comes with
WpEngine
Flywheel
and Cloudways
(the ones I’ve tried)

1 Like

Yeah it’s amazing isn’t it. It was so easy to setup.

Here’s a community-updated list of which hosts provide easy access to Let’s Encrypt (and who doesn’t):
Web Hosts Who Support Let’s Encrypt

1 Like

Some hosts do not support Let’s Encrypt yet but hopefully will soon! Like inMotion hosting, which I am with, have no plans to support Let’s Encrypt… I found the next best option was Namecheap’s $9 SSL certs. They do the job and buying it couldn’t be any easier.

hello everyone - my server - webhostinghub do not support helping people like me save money - and an ssl with the is USD 99. So can somone reccomend a great hositng service - which has great techinical support and where i can make good use of Let’s Encrypt. - i love my X theme but i am riddled with issues that are making my site very slow - thanks -andrew :]

I recently switched to Dreamhost, which I really like, but Dreamhost does not use Cpanel, so if you’re used to that set up, there’s a little learning curve to navigating their backend. (At least there was for me, but now I’m pretty used to it.)

There are a TON of different hosts that support Let’s Encrypt. Here’s a community-maintained list:
Hosts That Support Let’s Encrypt

hey i tried to get my server host - webhostinghub.com - to get lets encrypt - in my chat with them - and they say they are working on it for the near future - however, in the meantime, they pointed to another service which i did not know about - called sslforfree.com - which u can set up a free ssl for 3months - if u need to use - just in case anyone is on a host with no lets encrypt - u can try this - i managed - it was easy :]] good luck

I have SSL activated with Let’s Encrypt which is included with the webhost and it seems to be working fine on desktop and laptop. But when I use my old android phone, it gives a certificate error, saying the name doesn’t match. Anyone else have/had this problem and know a solution?

Also Sitegraund offer Let’s Encrypt

I am also using letsencript on this website. and it working fine. one of the best free ssl service.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.