Freatured Images

Hello,

How can I make the featured images smaller on https://shopintheweeds.com/blog/ ?

I tried using this but no luck.
.entry-thumb img {
max-width: 30%;
padding-right:10px;
float: left;
}

Any help is appricated thanks!

Hi @InTheWeeds,

We can’t access your site, it seems it is down.

Thank you.

Hello!

Please refresh the page. It should be working.

@InTheWeeds,

I tried to open your website on different devices and different internet connections but I have no luck, you website is still down.

Thank you.

Hello,

I have checked with my hosting company (WP Engine), they said there have been no 502 errors. It’s working for me.

Can you try again and get a screenshot so I can show them if needed?

@InTheWeeds,

I was able to access your website using a VPN. I just revised your CSS code, please use the code below.

.entry-featured {
    max-width: 30%;
    padding-right: 10px;
    float: left;
}

Please note that providing custom code is outside the scope of our theme support. Issues that will arise from the use of custom codes should be forwarded to a 3rd party developer.

Thank you.

Thank you so much.

That code worked but it caused the product images to stretch.

Is there a way to get the blog posts like this via Theme Options so I don’t have to mess with code?

Hello @InTheWeeds,

In the Theme Options > Blog, did you use “Masonry” as the style? And since you are using CloudFlare, right after your updates, please log in to your CloudFlare account and purge your site cache. You also need to regenerate the minified CSS and JS files in CloudFlare.

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Hello!

I changed the style to Masonry. The site updated however I see that the blog posts are overlapping the nav bar. You can see the change here: http://newitw.wpengine.com/blog/

How can I fix this so it shows under the nav bar? Also, how many blog posts will it show using this method?

Hi @InTheWeeds,

You have this on your custom CSS area

.x-navbar {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    top: 0;
    background-color: rgba(0, 135, 18,0.5);
    box-shadow: none;
    border-bottom: none;
}

That position: absolute; line there is the one that causing the issue, you need to modify that custom CSS so it won’t affect your blog page and any other page.

Number of posts to show on blog page can be set under Settings > Reading

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Awesome thank you so much.

One last thing, on the Home page (http://newitw.wpengine.com/) the logo becomes small, while on all the other pages the logo is bigger. How can I fix that?

Hi @InTheWeeds,

Upon checking and comparing your homepage and internal pages, there is a custom CSS in your homepage logo that needs to be remove, please remove that CSS code, see the screenshot below.

Thank you.

Thank you for your help!

@InTheWeeds,

It’s our pleasure to help you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.