Formatting for a Page - Excerpt vs Full Content

I am using a plugin that creates a directory. I have installed this directory on a page. When I publish the page, it shows the categories of the directory and then drills down to a detail page of the information. The data on the detailed page (which I cannot access), is all jumbled. When I asked them about this, they said the following about the Theme - “uses excerpts rather than full content, and WordPress strips out all formatting from excerpts (thus you’ve lost line breaks and such). You might check your theme to see if there’s an option to display full content on blog posts rather than excerpts.”

Does anyone know what this means and how I might find this?

Hi There,

It sounds like you might be having an issue with a third party plugin or script. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.