Today I updated my wordpress version, all of my plugins and the ‘theme x’. While updating theme x, I got the message ‘update failed; stylesheet broken’ and ‘a default theme was set’. As a consequence, my site which is normally running perfectly has lost all of its layout feautures and customizations.
Reinstalling theme x only brought back a part of the layout feautures and customizations.
I’ve tried a lot (e.g. based on Troubleshooting - Site Frontend Appears Broken):
- I’ve tried deactivating all plugins;
- I’ve been refreshing my browse cash;
But nothing helps. And - my mistake - I don’t have a recent back-up (that is something else that went wrong apparently) and my host provider doesn’t make back-ups.
- on the front end the content seems fine, but the layout is partly broken: most of the sectors/columns have the original layout with fonts and images, but in the ‘x theme settings’ it’s all standard (I can’t see my fonts, colours, etc.);
- the menu is ok but the navigation bar, header and footer are set back to standard (before the navigation bar was dynamic/hidden, in my font and colours and the footer had some text but this disappeared etc.);
- whatever I try, I can’t set the pages back to full width covering the full width of a page on desktop/mobile/ipad (although I’ve designed and customized the pages for the three different types);
- Every page starts with the name of the page on top and I can’t remove this;
I’ve searched through the topics and documentation but couldn’t find a solution - you may know that my IT-skills are very limited - and it’s not helping that I can’t see my original preferences in the ‘x theme options’. So please some assistance for this amateur ;-).
This is the link to my website: https://magikhetzien.nl