Form Plugins not working in the new version of X theme

I have Contact Form 7 working correctly on an older site using X theme v 5.1, sending me e-mails just fine to a godaddy e-mail. I have another site using X theme v 5.2.5 and I have tried Contact Form 7, Pirate Forms, and WP Forms and NONE of them are sending the e-mails. It says “Successfully Sent” but the e-mail never comes through. I have also installed the “check e-mail” plugin, and it is not working either.

Can you please help me sort this out? the only difference I can see between the two installs of CF7, is that the one that is working is on the older version of X and Cornerstone.

thank you for any advice.
B

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

The issue you are facing is not something other people are reporting and also I checked in my Installation the CF7 works fine and sending mail. Mail issue sometime due to the mail server setting and plugins setting issue.

We can’t confirm without checking your website, whether its a server issue or issue related to the installation. As the latest version of theme working perfectly in other installation.

Please confirm that your both sites are in same server ? and also send us your Wordpress login details and cpanel of the site in a secure note so that we can have a look.

All the best!

THanks

Hello There,

I have logged in to your site and I can confirm that the contact form is not an issue. The issue is that your WP Mail is not working. I made several test because you already have installed WP Mail SMTP plugin. I’ve sent a couple of test emails to different email addresses and I did not receive any of those test emails. I have checked the inbox and the spam folder and no test email arrived.

You may test it yourself by going to Settings > WP Mail SMTP > Email Test. Please contact your host and ask for further assistance.

You may also check out this links:


Hope this helps.

yeah, I had done that test as well, thanks for confirming.

Hi there,

So you will need to contact your hosting service provider regarding this to foll9w up the case. Also, the other test which will show that there is no Theme code involved in the matter is to add a new Test Page and add the form code there without Cornerstone and using the WordPress editor. Then deactivate the Cornerstone and change the theme from X to default template of the WordPress.

If the form does not send the email again that will show the problem is your mail server and not the theme.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.