Force xs columns

I’ve been struggling with this and haven’t found a satisfactory or recent answer in the forums:

Though it does not occur often, sometimes it is desirable to force column widths on the smallest screen sizes. Currently, X/Cornerstone automatically labels all columns with the x-sm class, so any screen sizes below it will automatically default to 100% width.

Right now I have a row of 6x 1/6th columns. I want to force these to remain 1/6th on mobile phone-screens. In the html, each column should state x-column x-xs x-1-6 (rather that x-sm), however, I can’t for the life of me find where to configure this.

Adding a class does not solve it, because when both x-sm and x-xs are present the columns will deteriorate according to the former. I want 1/6th width on xs-screens. Hiding does not help, because if I make another row with the same widths, it will also default to 100% width columns on xs-screens.

Your help is appreciated! Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please add a CLASS stay-inline to your Section where the 1/6 columns are placed. Then add this to Theme Options > CSS

@media (max-width: 767px) {
	.stay-inline .x-column.x-sm {
	float: left;
    width: 13.33332%;
    margin-right: 4%;
	}
	.stay-inline .x-column.x-sm:last-child {
	margin-right: 0;
	}
}

Just keep in mind that with this kind of layout in a small device, the content will look squeeze, worst your content will be overflow from its column.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.