Footer shows up on right hand side of page

Hey there, I am using the Business Directory Pro plugin and one of the pages it creates has the footer show up on the right hand side of the page (see attached image). This is the only page on the entire site where the footer shows up incorrectly like this. Disabling all plugins did not fix the issue. Changing to the Twenty-Twenty One Theme, however, did fix this issue, so I assume the problem was with Theme X.

I was able to fix it with the following CSS code which I inserted into “Additional CSS” in Customizer:

.x-root {
display: block !important
}

My question is this. Will this CSS I added screw up any other pages on my site that you know of? I am using Theme X (Ethos) and Cornerstone. All plugins/themes are updated.

Thanks,
Michael

Hello Michael,

Thanks for writing in!

The custom CSS code will affect other pages. It may create issues and conflicts sooner or later as you build other posts or pages. The issue could because your Business Directory plugin does not properly generate its own container.

Please remove your CSS code and then we can investigate your page again.

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Done. Thanks! Looking forward to your response.

Hi Michael,

It mostly happens due to the broken HTML, and I found that the shortcode [businessdirectory-manage-listings] is the reason behind your issue. While having the listing it comes with some pre-closed or broken HTML tag, that make the footer. I would suggest you to contact the plugin author on this.
Please remember that we don’t provide any support or investigation to 3rd party plugin or related issues.

Thanks

Thank you. I will relay this information to the plugin support.

I’ve contacted the Business Directory Pro plugin support and they asked: “Can you please ask them to provide an examples of broken HTML tag they found so we can check this further on our end?”

Also, since switching to the Twenty-Twenty One Theme was the only thing that truly fixed this issue, how can it be a problem with the plugin and not with Theme X itself?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I was quite correct as we don’t offer any investigation on 3rd party plugin we avoid checking the files and issues on it and mention the exact reason behind the issue. But I have downloaded the free plugin from WordPress repository and checked this time, and found the file in your plugin business-directory-plugin\templates\manage_listings.tpl.php. It has a closing div tag at line number 38, without an open tag, which might be a quick fix for or anything else.

This is the screenshot from the plugin I have downloaded:

This is the screenshot from your installed staging site:

I went ahead, and removed the closing div tag in your staging and found the page is working fine. I added it back for you to see and let the plugin author know the issue. The issue is with the free plugin available in WordPress repository and can be found here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/business-directory-plugin/

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thank you so much. The issue was indeed the closing div tag and the plugin authors are going to fix it on their next update.

Awesome, that’s good to know!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.