Footer Set up in Pro

Been playing around with Flexbox settings for the past few days. Still can’t get it right.

What I want:

  • 2 asymetric columns - approx 60% / 40% split. Columns to consist of headline text and HTML text.

  • Text in the 2nd column may be a slightly different size to the text in the 1st column, but the top should still align with the 1st column.

  • When the viewport shrinks to a mobile-size breakpoint, I want each column to then take up 100% of the available width, the 2nd column appearing below the first.

Basically, I want the footer layout to behave like a page section. Try as I might, I can’t do it. Please help (site creds attached).

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

To better understand how the Flexbox works in the header/footer builder, please check out this knowledge base:
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/elements-tips-and-tricks/214

1.) You may set up your bar as rows. Insert two containers as your columns. You will have to set up the maximum width to 60%/40% (http://prntscr.com/h3ro34). You can then insert two text elements what would serve as your columns. You may add padding to have a space between the texts.

2.) Of course even if your text elements does not have the same font size, they all start from the same line. Thus, they are aligned.

3.) This is only possible by creating another another container and insert the two text elements one after the other.

Please bear in mind that Sections has a different structures with the Header/Footer bar containers. This is why they have a different styling and setup.

By the way, we were not able to login beacuse the given password is not working for us.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for getting back to me. FYI I double-checked the WP login creds and had no problem logging-in with those creds.

2.) Of course even if your text elements does not have the same font size, they all start from the same line. Thus, they are aligned.

Hmm, that’s not been my experience.:

3.) This is only possible by creating another another container and insert the two text elements one after the other.

It would seem I can better/easier achieve what I want by copying/pasting Cornerstone section content into a WordPress HTML footer widget. I’ll do that instead - far less stress.

Thanks again.

Hi There,

2.) Under Flex Layout > Vertical should be set to Start. I can see it is now aligned:
Start means all content of the Container that is set as column will start from the top.

3.) Check columns template. Try to install it and check its settings. It is responsive like what you want to achieve. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb6wlH2nWD

If you feel comfortable using a widget, that is fine too. Whichever works for you is fine and we are always happy to help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.