Footer non menu items URLs

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not but when I added a set of Headlines (non-classic) into the footer and HREF them to point to certain pages I observed that the words become in blue (base color of Agency) before I hover on them. The links works anyway, it is just instead of grey footer words I got permanently blueish.

I really need to override the base theme color and apply this color in standard way for this theme - hover on text changes color of greyish word to blue.

The same is related to EMAIL links.

Basically, any items that are not part of Menu or theme defined and has URL or email link will be always blue regardless of the hover.

I need to quickly understand if this is the limitation of the theme. But then what I need to use to build my own URL references from text to follow them behavior - hover on and get blue ?

Any advise is welcome

Thanks

Hey @VitaliKon,

Would you mind giving us the URL of the page and screenshots of the elements you’re having a problem with? Have you tried the Site Links option in Appearance > Theme Options > Typography? That is the option that controls all the general link color of your in your site.

Thanks.

how do I do it in private? I dont post my site name to all public view.

Sorry but my problem is not understood by you. You are suggesting to check global theme hover settings in Typography.

This is where I stuck. I dont want to change global settings.

In footer I need to create company details as URLs. I use Headline item from Cornerstone and modify the look via dropdown selection of the presets by selecting any presets. Once HREF surrounds the Headline text I see no words but when hovered blue word pop ups. So what Im saying is that slighlty different from original statement. Why Light color word become dark and dissappears in the dark backgorund. it appears on hover only

Hi,

You can add the color directly to your link.

eg.

<a href="https://www.yoursite.com.au/" style="color:red; outline: none;">Company</a>

I added color:red; in style

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I also figured out that for Headings we have X font color control :))

all good now. really appreciate this anyway.

do you know by the chance why when I launch my site in iphone the Headings of Ethos preset in column view somewhat merged vertically with the pictures placed in 1st column. you can try yourself in smartphone.

Hey @VitaliKon,

Your image has -50px bottom margin. Set it to 0 and it will be fixed (see Secure Note).

If you have further questions, please open a separate thread.

Thanks.

it worked mate! thanks a lot.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.