Hi,
So I can spend a bunch of time editing my footer and then save it, and sometimes it’ll still be there (if I’m lucky) or other times (when I’m not so lucky) all my work will simply disappear as if I hadn’t even started.
Hi,
So I can spend a bunch of time editing my footer and then save it, and sometimes it’ll still be there (if I’m lucky) or other times (when I’m not so lucky) all my work will simply disappear as if I hadn’t even started.
Hey there,
I edited your default footer and saved it many times but I haven’t experienced the issue you described. I assigned your default footer globally.

Would you mind providing a screen recording after you cleared all caching including your browser cache?
Thanks.
You may view it here (skip to the end to see the end result):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8VjCbsmLYc-ZlV4N3ZveFlxWkE
Hey there,
I edited your Primary Footer, saved it and set it to global and it saved successfully.

Based on your screen recording, I see you have lots of browser extensions. Please try deactivating them or try in incognito mode.
Thanks.
As you can see from the video I also saved it many times successfully, though the problem is that one time that inevitably comes when it decides to erase everything.
I will try incognito mode when I get a chance to get in front on my computer, though I cannot see how that would be if affect, considering none of them were in use (essentially inactive).
So here’s the video proof it still does it when in incognito.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8VjCbsmLYc-aEc4THFUc29kbms/view
This is obviously a bug with PRO, my cache on the site is turned off and cleared, as well CloudFlare cache was not running, browser cache cleared, and running in incognito.
Wordpress and Pro both up to date as well.
Running Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Which is the latest version available.
Hi there,
I can see that from your video, but I’m unable to reproduce that issue. Perhaps it’s related to the content and data that you’re adding and it’s prohibited by your hosting’s security and it’s deleted. Would you mind providing the exact content you’re adding in the video?
Thanks!
I’ve used text and a picture.
I’ve not used any special content.
I also host on Linode, so I don’t have a host provider that’s blocking anything.
Like i mentioned before it’s not something that happens every time I save, it happens ever so often, though enough to be a BIG problem because it mean I’d need to create a backup of my website EVERY time i need to edit which is crazy.
This is the picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8VjCbsmLYc-R1A5ekpKWUw2ejg/view?usp=sharing
Hi there,
Hmm, what’s the content you’re adding again? And what’s with the image?
I like to add every content that you add from your video so I could replicate that exactly as is 
Thanks!
The image is the one I’m using in the video…the content is simple text I copy and past.
this is the text…
• Hudson
• Saint-Lazare
• Vaudreuil
• Dorion
• Pincourt
• L’Île-Perrot
• Senneville
• Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue
• Baie-d’Urfé
• Beaconsfield
• Pierrefonds
• L’Île-Bizard
• Kirkland
• Dollard-des-Ormeaux
• Roxboro
• Pointe-Claire
• Dorval
• Lachine
• LaSalle
• Verdun
• L’Île-des-Sœurs
• Ville Saint-Laurent
To get the results for the video I simply, save my results, change to headers, content, and back to footers, click refresh and repeat in no particular order and eventually, it ends up erasing everything.
I’ve tested your text and image and it does save but I just discovered that the problem happens when you switch to the visual text editor.
This is currently an isolated case and could not be considered a bug because this doesn’t happen in my test sites. There could be some setting in your hosts that doesn’t allow the usage of the Visual Editor in Pro. You need to work with your web host to monitor the server error logs when you’re using the Visual Text editor so they know what to fix in their settings. You could also try other web hosts. There are web hosts that offer free dev sites like pantheon.io. If it doesn’t happen in other web host, the problem could really be in your current host server settings.
Thanks.
So I created a Pantheon account and tried using it and I still have the exact same problem, so I know it’s not a web host issue… (I’ve also looked at my own server error log and I have 0 errors)
I have a test site at Pantheon and before I suggested to test there, I tested first and this issue does not happen in my test site.
Here’s my test in Pantheon
Are you using a fresh install of WordPress and Pro? If not, try a fresh install without a child theme, customizations and third party plugins.
If the issue persists with a fresh install, give us WP Admin and FTP access to your test site so we could investigate. Alternatively, allow us to remove everything from your live site for testing purposes.
Thanks.
Hello guys.
I have a similar issue as @ALeRTiSNeRD.
When editing the footer, saving and assigning it, it ends up disappearing : when I go to open it it shows up as empty.
Any idea on what could be causing this ?
I have a bit of text (a copyright sentence) and I tried editing without using the visual text editor and the problem is still here.
Thanks for your help.
Hi @th.koutsaft,
We’re sorry you are having this issue. It is best if you will open a new thread and then share credentials there on a secure note. Also note to check your error logs, the root cause of this issue for you might be different since you have different setup and different variables at play.