Footer customization (color, fonts, width..)

Hi,

I would like to customize my footer with the X template, however, Theme Options offer limited choices. Unfortunately there is no way to change the color & size of the footer, and font options are excluded too.

Where can I change these settings for my footer, please? I have already read the whole section on footers in the knowledge base and browsed all options in the template footer menu.

If you advise me to change codes in css, please do not only provide the css file name but also its full path so that I can find it.

Thank you

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, would you mind providing us the site URL (and login credentials in a secure note if it’s not launched yet) so we can take a look.

Cheers!

Hi,

I would refrain from providing access to my site to any third party unless I have a critical issue to solve.

I think the question I raised is a generic one, my expectation is to receive instructions how to customize the footer of the X template as for characteristics (size, color, etc.) not included in the Footer section of Theme Options.

I am in fact wondering if there is a mean to adjust these settings within the template. I would want to avoid css editing in x-colophon unless there is no other way.

Thank you for your guidance.

Hi,

Editing the theme’s css files and template files is not recommended as it will get overwritten on theme updates.

You can override the theme’s CSS by adding your Custom CSS in Theme Options > CSS
This is a standard practice for wordpress sites.

eg. Changing color and size of footer menu

.x-colophon.bottom .x-nav li a {
     color:blue;
     font-size:25px;
}

I came up with that code using chrome developer tools.


This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.