Footer Builder Doesn't Display Reality

Hi,

So I’ve built a footer using the new footer builder in Pro and it looks great on desktop, and when I preview on desktop either by shrinking the screen manually or ‘viewing as’ a mobile device, looks fine. No issues.

However, when I use an actual tablet or mobile the footer…collapses? It looks a mess. I’ve attached two screenshots to illustrate the difference between how the builder tells me it should look, vs how it actually does.

Not sure where to go from here. Any help is much appreciated.

Website is www.tobygrayphotography.co.uk

So…no thoughts on this? Is this a bug with the new tools?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s due to flex styling, which is rendered different in iOS’ safari. How about having multiple footer bar, 1 bar dedicated for desktop, and 1 bar dedicated for mobile (with different flex styling). If you inspect your footer bars and go to customize section, you can see options where you can hide it from a specific device.

Would you mind providing your admin login credentials in a secure note? Maybe I can test it first to see it’s really configurable in footer builder as I can reproduce this issue in my installation, else, we’ll need custom CSS.

Thanks.

Sure no problems.

Hi,

I was able to fix it by setting flex basis of your container to auto;

Kindly check in your end

That would appear to have done the trick! Thank you for getting that sorted for me, it’s much appreciated!

Hi @tobygray,

Happy to hear that.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks :slight_smile: