Fonts Loading in Footer Cause Flash of Unstyled Text

Hello,

I noticed that my theme had a flash of unstyled text every time a page would load. I narrowed this down to the Google fonts loading in the footer, which would of course cause FOUT, since the fonts would be one of the last things to load on the page. The code line I’m referring to is this one:

<link rel='stylesheet' id='cs-google-fonts-css' href='//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans%3A300%2C300i%2C600%2C600i&#038;ver=2.1.1#038;subset=latin,latin-ext' type='text/css' media='all' />

(In this case, loading Open Sans.)

So, is there any way to move this to the header? If not, I would like to suggest this as a fix in a future release to prevent this FOUT problem.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The Google Font link is already in the header. It is always been outputted in the header. To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Best Regards.