Font Manager not loading font weights

The Pro Theme does not add the “import” of right font weights, that where chosen in the font manager.

I added Montserrat as Body Copy (300, 400, 700) and Heading (300, 400, 800) to the Font Manager and can choose the font weight options in the Builder. The preview does show the correct font weight. But after saving the actual site does not show the correct weight.

The Theme does not include the right import, it only imports Montserrat with 300 & 400 weight:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Montserrat%3A300%2C300i%2C400%2C400i&amp;ver=3.0.4#038;subset=latin,latin-ext" type="text/css" media="all" data-x-google-fonts="">

To my surprise “Roboto” is loaded too with all weights:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:300,400,500,700">

The Typrography in the settings are set to Body Montserrat 300 and Heading Montserrat 800.
I do have this behavior on multiple Theme.co Pro pages that I build, so I seams a bug that is already there a few months.

Theme.co can you please check the site and let me know if its a settings problem or a bug?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

You’re right, it won’t pull the font weight from google, it stays in 300 and 400. The correct font-weight is being applied, but it just won’t load due to this

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Montserrat%3A300%2C300i%2C400%2C400i&amp;ver=3.0.4#038;subset=latin,latin-ext" type="text/css" media="all" data-x-google-fonts="">

Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials? I just like to test out the variables responsible for google fonts selection.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

thanks for your help.

The site is currently on my development server and I can’t create a separate restricted user for you.
Is there any other option how you can check it? I can sent you some files or zip a folder if you let me know where to look.

Thanks, Laszlo

Hi there,

That’s unfortunate, I really wish to check it since it’s specific to your setup and site. If I install and copy your files then it’s running on my end which the issue isn’t present. My first assumption is internal cache or database cache as it looks like the font weight selection isn’t pulled in the output but present and complete in theme options.

Thanks!

Ok, what we can do is that I give you access to a git repo. All changes you commit and push will be deployed on the webserver instantly.
Please let me know which folders (besides /themes/pro and pro-child) you need access to and forward me you public key for ssh access.

Thanks Laszlo

Hi there,

Would be nice if we can access the root where wp-config.php resides, just in case I need to enable WP debugging.

And please generate a public key and forward the file to us, we can simply add it to our FTP client especially the Filezilla.

Thanks!

As I said, I can’t give you FTP access. You can checkout a GIT repository of the project, make changes and commit them. They will be deployed automatic to the Server. Thats the only way I can give you access to the WordPress installation.

Please let me know if you can work with GIT.

Thanks Laszlo

Hi there,

The Git repository will not help us. I checked the case and it is loading all the font weights for the homepage:

You are using the latest version of the theme which fixed an issue regarding the Google Font load and it is working ok. Now, whenever you use a weight which is needed it will be loaded.

Please clear your browser cache or check the website with another browser.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.