Follow-on to: #109224

Hello there,

We had problem with our staging server and it has only just been resolved.

I have gone through the process your colleague suggested at the end of the previous ticket. The basket problem persists with all of the plugins disabled. I have also tested the site with a couple of third-party shop themes and the basket works across the pages. Finally, I have disabled the child theme for Pro - the problem persists. Only Pro is enabled and the basket problem is still present.

Any idea what we can do here?

Thanks!

Spencer

Hey Spencer,

Thanks for updating in! I could not check the site. The given credentials do not work for me.

• See the secure note below.

Please double-check.

Thanks.

Hi @ruenel,

I am ever so sorry about this - I’m not sure why that isn’t working.

Please use the new one attached - I have just logged in with this one OK :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

It seems that you are still using the Pro version 6.4.22, I would suggest you update it to 6.5.0 and check if that resolves or not. If not, please let us know for further investigation.

Thanks

Thanks for getting back.

This has been a problem for several months and across various Pro updates.

Also, we are not being given the option to update from 6.4.22 to 6.5.0 in Wordpress Updates. This is normally where I would update, so what should we do?

Thanks!

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

If the Automatic update option is not coming, you can download the latest version from your Themeco Account, and upload it through the WordPress admin dashboard.

Thanks

Thanks @tristup,

Do I need to delete the existing copy of Pro or just disable it?

Cheers,

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

In your staging, please activate any other theme and delete the older version of Pro. After that, you need to upload the latest version of Pro and check by activating it.

Thanks

HI @tristup

Thanks for this. I am trying to download the Zip and am getting the following error:

The file isn’t downloading fully, I think, although I have done it 7 or 8 times.

Any idea?

Spencer

Hi Spencer

Unfortunately, we don’t have any idea about this. Can you please try it on any other machine, may be in a different operating system?

Thanks

The problem seems to be Chrome Canary - it downloaded ok in DDGo.

Cheers,

Spencer

Hi Spencer

Glad to know that.

Hi @tristup,

I have updated Pro to 6.5.0. but the empty basket problem persists.

We still do not have any plugins activated except Woocommerce. The Pro child theme is also inactive.

What can we do?

Thanks!

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

I have checked it again and also added all types of Cart elements and found that none of those are working on your site. I have checked the same in my local environment, but it worked. It might be due to that you are using the Managed WooCommerce by Nexcess, can you please check by removing that service once and let us know?

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

Thanks for getting back.

Ok, I will request Managed WooCommerce be removed.

I will report back as soon as that is done and I have tested the basket.

Thanks!

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

Thanks for the information.

Hello there,

I have spoken to WooCommerce about the basket problem and they have pushed me back to you saying the dropdown is part of the theme, not Woo.

So what do we do here? Obviously, if Pro is breaking the shop we cannot continue using Pro, but the expense of rebuilding the entire site is not financially realistic.

Neither WooCommerce or Nexcess could see how the Managed WooCommerce package was breaking Pro’s dropdown. Moving the site is another cost we should not have to face because the basket has been working perfectly well for the rest of the website’s 3-4 year existence.

We have all plugins disabled except WooCommerce so it cannot be anything else than the theme. When I switched to Wordpress’ latest theme the dropdown worked across pages.

The remarks about caching plugins is irrelevant because none of them are enabled - WooCommerce could see this when they examined the system report.

Please help :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Spencer

Hey Spencer,

You mentioned all plugins are disabled. That’s not the case. You still have Nexcess Managed Apps as a Must-Use plugin in your site. Kindly remove that from your staging site as requested by my colleage previously. This is so we know if the conflict is with Pro and Nexcess. Please ask your web host to remove it in case you’re not sure how to remove.

Thanks.

Hello there,

Apologies for this - I had to request the host disable these plugins as we are not allowed to. Nexcess call the ‘must haves’ and restrict access.

Can you have another look please? I think the problem is one of those plugins because I can see the basket working across pages now.

Thanks!

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

I have checked your website and now the issue does not persist anymore. It seems that after deactivating the Nexcess plugin it resolved. If you still need that, I would suggest you contact the Service Provider on this.

Thanks