Flexslider size

Hello-

I am at a loss. On my homepage I want to make the slider smaller:
http://dev.christineclemmer.com/

When I change the size of the slider container to say, 460px high, it just crops the image. When I change the size of the image to fit the new container it stretches to fill the space and is also cropped.

How can I get a full width slider with less height?

Kim

Hello Kim,

Thanks for writing in! You can’t really achieve a fullwidth slider with limited height without compromising the image. Please keep in mind that in an image dimension, the height is relative to the width. If you set a maximum height for you image, there will be white spaces in the left and right side of each slides just like this: http://prntscr.com/fvygxu

If you set a height for your slider, of course, your images inside the slide will get cut off.

The best thing you can do is to use Revolution slider instead. Set the slider layout as fullwidth and then place your text and symbol as in different layers. The background colors for each slide can then be set to a gradient color.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

helps so much thank you for that explanation.

You’re most welcome.